Thursday, January 31, 2008

Basically, this is a gripe session!

So this week hasn't exactly been ideal for getting any writing done. The weather's been terrible. And have you ever noticed that when it's not pleasant outside, everybody inside ends up acting like one of two people: Atilla the Hun or Scarlett O'Hara? They start screaming as if they were preparing for war, or they keep flitting around the house, whining and pouting to anyone who will listen.

What is the weather doing that is causing this, you may ask? Well, the winds have succeeded in blowing the roads shut for two days in a row. (That's not counting all the other times it has done so this winter.) Yesterday, we had another blizzard. There are now four and five foot snow drifts in places. And today it's back to the winds again. At the moment, the roads are still open, but that could soon change.
What's all this got to do with a writer's blog? Everything and nothing. I finally got used to the gusts of wind hitting the house like a linebacker, and the other members of my household coming in every five minutes to complain about the wind hitting the house like a linebacker. Being snowed in for a few days doesn't even bother me that much. But when my computer keeps freezing up, mid-sentence, because the connection is bad, that's when I start to get peeved. ;P I'm only half serious in this, but it does make things rather frustrating, when you're on a roll with one of your writing projects, and the next thing you know, you're staring at a freeze frame of what you've just typed. Basically, I've gotten more correspondence done this week, than anything else. Right now, I'm fighting a headache, as I wait for the web-site I may have found some work on, to load. The phone is ringing off the hook, for everyone in the household but me. And since everyone else has flown the coop for awhile, I'm taking messages. I think I missed my calling, and should have become a secretary, instead? At least I'd be getting paid!

Aha! The page has finally loaded. I am off to get some work done. (Provided the computer doesn't freeze up again!) Wish me luck.

No comments: